16th Century Estate with over 100 acres of grounds including beautiful walled gardens
- Historic Estate frequented by many Royals throughout history
- Fine collection of royal and family portraits
- Walled gardens designed by Gertrude Jerkyll
- Venue for Battle of the proms
The estate has a constant maintenance and development initiative in place.
The direct ancestors of the current owners acquired the historic and beautiful Loseley Estate at the beginning of the 16th Century. Sir William More built Loseley House between 1562 and 1568.
The House retains the warmth and welcome of a family home with three generations of the More-Molyneux family living there today. The Great Hall contains exquisite panelling from Henry VIII's Nonsuch Palace, a minstrel's gallery with carvings by Grinling Gibbons and panels from Henry VIII's banqueting tents, and a fine collection of royal and family portraits.
The Gardens, based on a design by Gertrude Jekyll, are surrounded by a magnificent old wall of similar age to the House. They contain a Vine Walk, a huge spread of Wisteria, the Moat and Moat Walk, and the old Mulberry Tree around which a family prophesy revolves.
The beautiful parkland in front of the House creates the perfect amphitheatre for the Battle Proms Concert usually held in August — see website for further details and opening arrangements.
Thought to be Britain’s oldest continuously inhabited house
- Clandon Park
- Claremont Landscape Garden
- Hannah Peschar Sculpture Garden
- Hampton Court
- Hatchlands Park
- Loseley Park
- Painshill Park
- Petworth Park
- Polesden Lacey
- Winkworth Arboretum